Build the programs to help Flexport grow!
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses, and we’re building our strong global warehouse team. The warehouse team is focused on building the networks and operations - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
As our warehouse operations associate, you’ll join an amazing and energized team, working alongside our operating partner, warehouse team, as well as squad team as key stakeholders, to manage our warehouse performance excellence and optimize operational processes.
- The main contact point of origin warehouse if squad need any business support or operation questions;
- Support LCL planning team for warehouse-related issues;
- Support sales team/squad for any shippers/new customers on-boarding if they have any warehousing related inquire;
- Warehouse operation partner capacity management, ensure enough warehouse resources fulfillment in the day to day operations(Inbound & Outbound & other VAS);
- Warehouse operation partner CORE system update performance, including action items updating speed, Cargo Receipt timely update and accuracy, doc uploading, etc
- Inventory management, random inspection cargo and responsible for battery checking;
- Reporting and periscope dashboard management;
- Exceptions handling to make sure smooth operation;
- Warehouse Consumables material sourcing, including but not limited to wooden pallet/slip sheet/label,etc
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success;
- (Preferred) 4+ years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting; (high performing fresh grad could be considered)
- A strong desire and a curiosity to learn all there is to know about the warehousing industry;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; The ability to build and maintain relationships;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Analytical thinking and willing to go to details;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.