Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Technical Program Manager to help develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with global Engineering, Product and Business stakeholders and provide leadership to drive product development lifecycle
- Manage cross-team dependencies and align teams on roadmaps
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality
- Build and manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery
- Provide transparency and communication to core team and leadership around program status, risks and change management
- Proactively identify and remove blockers, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues
- Identify opportunities to improve Flexport’s product delivery and scrum agile processes
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of related technical project/program management experience
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong in project/program planning, organization and time management
- Be data and metrics driven
- Able to manage competing priorities and help teams prioritize and focus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
- Bonus: You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
Engineering Culture & Values
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.