Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to help grow our cloud infrastructure services at Flexport. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in Engineering, Security, People Ops, IT Support, and other teams to provide the technology backbone of Flexport. We build scalable, cloud based infrastructure, design systems and integrations, and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 15 offices and facilities in 9 different countries.
You will work alongside your partners in IT Support, IT Operations Engineering, Security, and Network to scope, build, implement, and support integrations across our various cloud focused tools and programs. You will help to define and integrate identity services, streamlining and automating critical access and revocations processes to achieve just in time provisioning, and deprovisioning services. You will work across IT and Security to define our application integration processes, policies, and overall architecture, including developing clear delineation between test, dev, and prod environments. You will partner with business and engineering teams to prioritize requests and consistently deliver high-quality results against time-sensitive priorities.
- Help to architect, design, build, and develop integrations between complex systems and/or integrations between existing solutions
- Assist in Managing multiple projects simultaneously including owning operational tasks
- Act as an escalation path from support for the integrations you help to build
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; help to develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- Work with internal teams to scope, test, and build internal tools and services that enable internal Flexport teams to do their best work
- Develop real time and asynchronous systems integrations
- Own a diverse catalog of systems and safeguard their data.
- Help to mentor junior engineers and develop support processes.
- Own multiple integrations and AWS infrastructure.
You should have:
- 5 - 7 years of experience helping to design and build integrations across a variety of SaaS applications
- Experience with Enterprise IPAAS platforms like Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, Workato, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with SAML based identity systems (Okta, OneLogin, etc)
- Understanding of IAM workflows, and experience in managing/support of LDAP, and Active Directory
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP APIs
- Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to decipher highly technical data
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork with your internal team, business stakeholders, and business leaders
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Background working within an Agile environment
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.