Build the programs to help Flexport scale
We are in the process of transforming our monolith Ruby service to a polyglot microservice system. We are rapidly growing our engineering organization across multiple time zones and continents. We are planning to expand our infrastructure across multiple regions over the new few years. The global Site Reliability Engineering team plays a critical role in this journey. As a member of the team, you will work in a highly collaborative and fast-changing environment, and you will focus on improving every aspect of incident response, observability and performance of our services.
- Monitor site availability and reliability on a daily basis.
- Understand, investigate and triage production issues and bottlenecks, root cause and implement or help teams to implement solutions to eliminate future incidents.
- Build visibility into SLAs and service dependency graphs.
- Drive efficient systems and processes: capacity planning and change management.
- Develop innovative tools and automation to minimize manual work.
- Design and build performance tools for teams to leverage.
- Design and test disaster recovery strategies.
- Ensure security and infrastructure standards are being followed.
You should have
- Grit and a strong ownership mentality.
- DevOps and on-call mindset.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively across organizations.
- Deep understanding of AWS or other Clouds and Docker.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Bash etc).
- Preferably 3 to 6+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Extensive experience with logging, Application Performance Management and other monitoring tools
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level architectures.
Flexport believes global trade can move the human race forward. Our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. To achieve this, we’re building the “Operating System for Global trade” — a combination of modern, internet era technology & data analytics; logistics infrastructure; and supply chain expertise.
Flexport connects ~10k clients and suppliers across >100 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Founded in 2013, we've raised >$1.3B from SoftBank, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and YC. We’re excited to start seriously scaling up after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund early this year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.