Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated individual to join our Compliance team in continuing our enhance of Flexport’s security and compliance programs. This position will include working closely with Security, Operations, Engineering, and Executive Management. Key responsibilities include management of Flexport’s various compliance programs, security policies, and represent Flexport’s security and compliance posture to potential customers. It also includes responsibility for managing critical security- and compliance-related projects.
- Manage the certification and accreditation activities including ISO 27001, SOC1/2, NIST 800-53, Cloud Security Alliance Framework, EU Privacy - GDPR, and Privacy Shield.
- Oversee and enforce the IT common control framework to ensure alignment with IT policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Assist in security and compliance responses to RFPs and lead customer-driven security evaluations.
- Oversee, implement, and enforce Information Security Policies and Standards.
- Establish and manage the security risk assessment for new and ongoing projects, advising on architectures, and security controls.
- Manage ongoing Security awareness initiatives for Flexport Personnel.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Technology related discipline is preferrable
- 5+ years experience in Information compliance, risk management, or security
- 2+ years management experience to include leading information security and compliance teams.
- Deep understanding of one or more industry and/or compliance regulations – PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, SOC1/2, International Privacy requirements (Europe, EU Privacy, PAC Rim including Privacy Shield), China or APAC security or privacy regulations
- Established compliance monitoring and incident response experience.
- Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences
- In-depth knowledge of information security audit, risk management and policy compliance.
- Knowledge of security tools and solutions such as Firewalls, IPS, Encryption and security monitoring, etc
- The ability to travel globally, including the USA and EU.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.