Support Flexport's leadership team
We're looking for an Administrative Assistant to support senior leaders across a few disciplines in our growing San Francisco office. Flexport continues to experience dramatic growth in all of our teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the schedule is optimized, and work alongside San Francisco’s leadership to maximize their ability to focus on their team’s key priorities in supporting Flexport’s continued success.
You will manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules. This role will support and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, and helping to identify and implement solutions, as appropriate. Additionally, this role will ensure that leaders are prepared for all meetings, including compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, and company events.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments
- Conserve the team's time by reading and routing correspondence; preparing emails, letters and documents, and assisting with presentations
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and tracking action items
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion
- Anticipate the needs of our leaders. Plan ahead and be resourceful
- Act as the primary facilitator for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access; you are the local expert and go-to resource for general requests and questions; you are the keeper of all team resources
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes
- Help prioritize conflicting needs along with your leaders, and help them track and remind them of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments
- Prepare and submit expense reports per policy
- Work independently on assigned projects from start to finish
- Observe workplace dynamics and keep leaders updated on what is occurring in the environment
You should have:
- You have a BA/BS degree and 3+ years of administrative support
- You pay attention to details. Being right the first time matters a lot to us
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and feel comfortable interacting with internal and external partners
- You work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment
- You have strong organizational skills and proactively follow through on tasks
- You are a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- You are available to deliver quickly, across global time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need you not only to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up
- You love to work awfully hard and have a blast doing it. Our team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win
- You are an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct
- You are skilled in the common office productivity suites (GSuite, Microsoft Office, etc), as well as other electronic communications and technologies
- You have experience in a start-up environment (this is a plus!)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation