Develop & Administer Programs To Help Flexport Grow
We're looking for a driven Treasury Manager to help with global banking and cash management. The ideal candidate will be excited to roll up their sleeves and help lay the groundwork for our growing Treasury team. Main responsibilities include working with our various bank partners, managing Flexport’s cash, building and maintaining cash forecasts, and managing future liquidity needs. Flexport is rapidly expanding its global presence and in order to support that growth, we are seeking an individual who is ready to dive in and provide ongoing visibility to our global cash position, as well as help to drive process improvement/efficiencies.
If you’re motivated by solving complex problems and implementing solutions - keep reading!
- Serve as the administrator for our banking - overseeing day-to-day account monitoring of cash and investments. A thorough understanding of cash inflows/outflows, across various entities, is critical.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of our bank relationships.
- Help expand our banking relationships with new partners (both domestically and internationally) by facilitating in the diligence/onboarding process. Ideal candidate will have top-notch organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Assist in the onboarding of a treasury management system; instill controls and automation to increase efficiency, streamline operations, and reduce errors.
- Prepare/manage short-to-long term cash-flow forecasts that align with our corporate strategies. Ability to proactively update these forecasts and communicate to stakeholders appropriate action items.
- Manage, reconcile, and maintain appropriate account balances across multiple bank accounts and currencies. Identify foreign exchange risks/opportunities.
- Help the Treasury team with the management of future debt vehicles, including forecasting, preparing compliance packages, and other related items.
- Support the accounting team in preparing required reports for month-end closing.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance/Accounting preferred).
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a Corporate Treasury role.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Industry knowledge/experience working with treasury management and banking/financial reporting systems.
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to conceptualize and surface problems, while providing recommendations on solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally. The ability to manage many different stakeholders and varying project timelines.
- Highly proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite & G-Suite.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.