Develop & Administer Programs To Help Flexport Grow
The FP&A Manager will play a strategic role for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities. A hands-on yet strategic business partner who can oversee the tools and processes to help us scale for the future. He/she will also bring a strong analytical toolset, and proven experience managing the planning activities of a large, complex company. The next evolution of the role is to foster a culture of transparency and accountability for driving profitable growth, and ensure that finance is seen as a value-added business partner. He/she will be a thought leader and have the potential to ascend to more senior roles within the organization.
The role reports to the Head of FP&A, North America.
- Be a Key business partner to the Central Region General Manager for all sales and operations functions
- Provide analytics and insights around the end-to-end customer life cycle including marketing, customer acquisitions, customer lifetime value, customer profitability and return on investment
- Monitor Sales organization performance (performance to pay, quota attainment, hiring)
- Partner with sales leadership on weekly, quarterly forecast, monthly Risks & Opportunities and Long Range Planning (1-3 years)
- Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners including highlighting major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast and performing sensitivity analysis to assess regional range of outcomes
- Report and provide in-depth analysis to key leaders including monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget, Risks & Opportunities, and commentary for Board of Directors
- Effectively communicate with team members and cross functional partners including Sales Operations, Pricing
- Support any ad hoc queries as they arise
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of progressive experience in FP&A with Adaptive Insights strongly preferred
- Very strong financial modelling and MS Excel skills required
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation