Build the products to help revolutionize global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. It is also wrought with dirty data. Our vision is to unite the world in a seamless web of commerce. We want to make trade accessible to all.
As the FlexportOS PM lead, you will lead a high performing product group focused on building a platform and authoritative data set that makes global trade easy for everyone, accessible through a library of APIs, providing visibility on global shipment activity and status. You will bring your exceptional product talents to help in this effort!
- Develop a user-centric vision, strategy, and roadmap for the org
- Embrace user discovery with our internal teams and partners
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the business and workflows to solve real problems with technology
- Partner with business, technology and operations teams, guiding them with the voice of the customer
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, Engineers and domain experts to implement, rollout, and measure meaningful features
- Recruit, develop and motivate a diverse set of Product Managers to create a world class product group
- Develop Product Managers, fostering their career growth and product development mastery
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Roll up your sleeves and dive deep to contribute to our product output
- Establish and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
You should have:
- 3-5 years experience recruiting and managing a diverse team of Product Managers
- 8+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within a startup environment
- Crystal clear communication and robust stakeholder management, along with executive presence
- Experience crafting long term vision and quarterly roadmaps from data, market insights and customer research
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Credibility to ensure alignment from multiple product teams and business teams on company wide initiatives
- Strong business acumen and curiosity to learn and become an expert in a complex industry
- Passion for design and building simple, usable products in a complex domain
- Ability to manage remote direct reports (some travel required)
- Bonus: You have experience in logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise Product
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.