Build the Network Procurement team to help Flexport grow
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
We're looking for an Trade Lane Manager to help us build our Air Freight capabilities in Taiwan
You'll have the opportunity to:
On the export side:
- Oversee regional performance attainment on net revenue, committed SLAs on procurement and pricing processes and strategic initiatives
- Own end to end service & solution design (including pricing) and implementation of the services in Core
- Negotiate and manage the capacity of Flexport charter flights and Block Space
- Contribute to build Flexport air export planning processes & tools, Ensure that local air teams are constantly trained
- Regional service design: define what service we can execute for each regional lane (transit time & rate)
- Regional strategy implementation
- Tradelane strategy implementation
- Regional carrier/ procurement strategy
- Local implementation processes & tools
- Regional performance tracking
- Carrier day to day relationship management (QBR/performance management, escalations, etc…) and local carrier introductions
- Determine best carrier to use for export shipments, manage local airline relationships and procure spot rates
- Procurement process & tools standardisation & improvement
- Cooperate with Sales, Regional GM's and Region and global air management team to define commercial air freight procurement strategy in the territory
- Work closely with demand team to win new business by joining sales calls and QBRs and act as an internal consultant on RFPs.
You should have:
- Bachelor in mathematics, engineering, logistics or economics or related field
- Master degree in engineering, logistics, or economics (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- An internal track record of success in an operational or planning role;
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc.);
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Previous experience in Forwarder or Airline Space Control / Revenue Management / Procurement a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.