Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Operational Excellence is central to Flexport’s success - driving alignment across our business, creating new operational standards and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Project Manager with this mission. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading and managing complex operational projects across multiple function teams, business lines and locations.
What you’ll do:
- Work with global operations leaders and provide expertise to develop strategies and tactical planning. Design and drive execution through program & project management.
- Works independently and owns program & projects entirely, both in their area and cross-functionally; Sought out as a mentor and known as the “teammate of record” in their subject area
- Shows discretion in delegating tasks and focusing on higher level ; Gives guidance and unblocks others; finds opportunities to mentor and grow teammates
- Lead and collaborate with a team of operations associates and managers, and functional leaders to identify root causes and determine people, process or operational solutions to address them
- Oversee implementation of business measurement, operational guidelines or strategies, and support management reporting through coordination and communication between business teams
- Develop project plan and drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality and risks
- Measure and monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk and drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope changes.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
What you’ll need:
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience. Sound judgment and decision making: Data is meaningless if you cannot interpret and use the information to make logical choices and changes to optimize your products and processes
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 10+ years of working experience in consulting, business operation, or project management, preferably in the logistic or technology industry (or a Master’s degree with 8 year experience; or a PhD with 5 years experience.)
- 5+ years of experience in project management, handling various types of projects in business process optimization or software development.
- Knowledge and experience in software development is a plus
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese/Mandarin, Cantonese speaking is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- Strong attention to detail and proficient problem solving skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Willing to embrace and drive changes
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to execute on deliverables
- Be able to lead and motivate a team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.