Infrastructure Engineer-DevOps (基础架构工程师）
Build the infrastructure to help Flexport scale
We are in the process of transforming our monolith Ruby service to a polyglot microservice system. We are rapidly growing our engineering organization across multiple time zones and continents. We are planning to expand our infrastructure across multiple regions over the new few years. The product infrastructure team plays a critical role in this journey. As a product infrastructure engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative and fast-changing environment, and you will focus on improving every aspect of developer experience, service infrastructure, and performance of our services.
- Develop tools to improve developer experience and productivity.
- Contribute to dev infrastructure such as CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and build performance tools for teams to leverage.
- Develop innovative tools and automation to minimize manual work.
- Monitor site availability and reliability on a daily basis.
- Understand, investigate and triage production issues and bottlenecks, root cause and implement or help teams to implement solutions to eliminate future incidents.
- Design and test disaster recovery strategies.
- Ensure infrastructure standards are being followed.
You should have
- Understanding of AWS or other Clouds and Docker
- Extensive experience with logging, Application Performance Management, and other monitoring tools
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level architectures
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Preferably 3+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
- Grit and a strong ownership mentality
- DevOps and on-call mindset
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- 通过开发自动化工具, 优化其他团队的开发流程和效率
- 维护和优化 CI/CD 流程, 提高自动化部署的速度和稳定性
- 维护系统稳定性, 故障响应, 制定容灾策略
- 完善各服务的基础监控和告警 (自动化)
- 完善测试工具和框架 (集成测试框架, 压力测试框架)
- 有服务和 on-call 的态度
- 熟悉 Kubernetes 等资源管理和部署工具
- 理解 Docker (Container) 技术
- 熟练掌握一门脚本语言（Bash, Ruby, Python）
- 熟悉 Linux 环境, 能使用相关工具进行线上故障诊断
- 有 3年以上 基础架构 或 SRE 或 DevOps 工作经验
- 熟悉常见的指标采集系统和 Distributed Tracing 框架
- 有在复杂的企业级 Infrastructure 框架下工作的经历
- 熟悉 Spring 或 Ruby on Rails 框架
- 熟悉 Terraform 等 Infra-as-Code 自动化工具
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote