Help build our Trucking team at Flexport.
Our mission is to grow Full Truckload (FTL) at Flexport by making it easy, scalable, and reliable. We’re doing this by establishing integrated partnerships with industry leading TL brokerage service providers that makes managing deliveries transparent and cost-competitive for clients, efficient for squads, and profitable for Flexport.
- Build Flexport’s North American full truckload (FTL) service offering from the ground up; focusing on growth initiatives to expand and accelerate the growth of FTL
- Hire and manage a team that will be responsible for FTL’s growth, pricing, and procurement
- Drive commercial success ensuring that Flexport Account Executives have the resources and knowledge to grow the business and ensure profitability
- Develop and own objectives and key results that can measure the success of FTL
- Implement best practices to ensure the operational excellence of FTL
- Collaborate with the Trucking product team to develop technology to make FTL efficient, profitable and to enable growth
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or BBA (or a similar relevant area of study) is preferred
- Research experience (preferred) OR a Master's in Supply Chain or Business
- 7+ years of prior experience in FTL Brokerage, Supply Chain or Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital
- Experience building and managing operations teams at a high growth company
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards, and working on process improvement and standardization
- A background working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation
- A strategic mindset and experience with ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small!
- An exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.