Help Flexport build our Ocean Team.
The role of the SCOps Associate is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to problem solve impactful operational challenges as part of our Global team while developing specialized expertise in supply chain operations. As the person who executes service delivery for our clients, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional account team spot opportunities to improve and grow our customers’ business. You will be charged with helping Flexport account management teams and clients solve exceptional challenges in order to move their shipments in less time with lower costs and via improved productivity by your team, unblocking issues and establishing procedures to prevent them in the future.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will personally represent Flexport’s value proposition by leading business implementation and shipment execution for new clients and opportunities.
- You will gain specialist expertise within a mode or function and act as the first point of escalation for issue resolution (reactive) or program improvements (proactive, both internally and externally).
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will implement and test scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers. If they are not, you will look for opportunities to improve them.
- Be responsible for executing the end-to-end movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal and external partners such as ocean, intermodal and drayage vendors, the customs team and the Network Operations team.
- You will help build and implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower Account Management by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your role, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Desire to “build a better machine” and get irritated when things aren’t optimal
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excitement to manage vendor relations and create best-in-class, innovative structures to do so
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A client service mindset; you are obsessed with client and squad happiness
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Flexibility to get the job done when needed. Willing to work outside office hours and occasional weekend or night shifts in certain locations.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.