Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
If you are obsessed with creating a great customer experience and delivering exceptional products, are curious and have an uncanny ability to ask penetrating questions and unpack business assumptions, and you have never met a project impediment you couldn’t resolve– then this job is for YOU!
We're looking for a Scrum Coach (aka Scrum Master) to help develop technology products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
As a Scrum Coach You Will:
- Facilitate the activities of varying complexity for multiple scrum teams
- Manage & facilitate all Scrum ceremonies - Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums/Huddles, Retrospectives, Reviews/Demos and Scrum-of-Scrums
- Effectively draw from a multitude of skills & capabilities to influence team members & unblock scrum teams
- Use Agile principles & processes to ensure sprint goals are delivered within the target iteration, adhere to quality standards, and meet the stakeholder’s expectations and business needs
- Lead scrum teams & foster a strong collaborative ethos within your teams
- Enact Scrum values & practices, and shield Dev teams from external interference
- Communicate project/product delivery updates, reports & make connections between tactical activities & the larger business outcome
- Coordinate development dependencies that span multiple teams and know how to track team progress in Jira
- Escalate issues and identify risks to leadership & project stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Coach Product Managers, Program Managers and Developers with Agile best practices adoption & find ways to bring more innovation & experimentation mindsets into the way we work
- Partner with Product Managers, Program Managers and scrum teams in quarterly planning activities across regions
You should have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Scrum Master in software product development setting and delivery model
- 5+ years of experience on Agile development team in a matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of Agile development process/best practices and the ability to drive for results
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities. Help teams prioritize and focus
- Demonstrated ability to implement agile metrics & use those metrics to help team(s) identify opportunities for improvement in Retrospective meetings
- Ability to empower team(s) to be self-organized to work together on product delivery
- Strong leadership & initiative, innovative thinking skills, and ability to analyze details and adopt a big picture view
- Keen ability to establish and continually cultivate positive relationships with various stakeholders
- Displays effective Servant Leadership qualities, whose focus is removing impediments and building up the capabilities of an Agile team
- Ability to challenge teams to break down stories/tasks into reasonable sizes so that work can be delivered each Sprint
- Experience providing support for organizational process improvement initiatives to include creating, updating and socializing standards, processes, procedures, template and guidelines as needed
- Understanding and some experience working in a traditional project management environment
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, cross-functional scrum teams and working with Jira/Confluence
- Ability to support cross team product portfolio activities such as quarterly planning exercise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Certified Scrum Master certification
Bonus points if you have:
- You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other Agile at scale planning tools
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.