Client Solutions Manager
Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global Trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to serve our clients and develop your own book of business in the best way through advanced tech solutions and exceptional people management skills.
Here is one of our success stories.
You will proactively take part in Flexport’s ambitious growth targets; being dedicated to help our clients run smooth supply chains enabled by tech solutions
- Drive the targeted book of business growth by focusing on a great client experience both for existing clients and new clients
- Engage internally/externally to ensure an up-to-date understanding of the client’s priorities, to help craft solutions, to enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Proactively monitor the client’s health and other important (client-specific) KPIs to improve client outcomes and ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives
You will be accountable for the growth and performance of the Client Solutions Associates aka your direct reports.
- Connect with your team to assess their TOMO (TOtal MOtivation), workload and support them in their day-to-day needs for support (e.g.: escalation)
- Develop a training program to make your reports better account managers, and give them a more commercial mindset as they own the client relationships
- Mentor your reports, outline exciting career paths for them and support them to exciting new steps in their career
- Support them on quite some exciting projects. E.g.: palletization at origin to reduce damages and lost cargo at destination; is this cost-effective, and if so, how to market this to the client?
We are hiring 3 CSMs, for different client segments. Here are some specificities about them:
- SMB: as the segment will change over the coming years, there will be a fair amount of project work, about developments in the industry, about digitization and automated solutions.
- Enterprise: they are known for being “the testing team'' for newly built technology products and being the EMEA Subject Matter Expert when rolling new features out
- Global Key Accounts: in this segment you will work with the entire GKA segment that is spread across several continents / offices (US & Asia), and work on exciting client names that need our support to run their global supply chains smoothly.
You should have:
- A successful track record, preferably in freight forwarding, supply chain operations, sales or account management roles
- A people-developer mindset with a strong focus on helping team members building their skills and growing their professional capabilities (experience required in managing teams)
- A growth mindset: always looking for ways to help your team build more trust and deepen the client relationship
- A client-centric approach: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations
- A solution-oriented mindset: ready to break down barriers, partner with others, and get creative to solve problems for clients
- The curiosity to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Strong business acumen
- A team player approach: approach problem solving with a collaborative mindset and be always finding ways to make your business partners more effective
- Most importantly, have the sparkle - get excited about what we do, the industry we’re in and the mission and vision we’re striving to achieve
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote