To continue our global expansion, we're looking for an Ocean Allocation Analyst to work within our Ocean organization to support in-depth business analysis and build tools for forecasting and planning space allocation on carrier vessels. We are looking for an individual that is driven by data, enjoys complex optimization problems, and strives to creatively provide solutions that impact the business and drive growth. In this role you will be utilizing Python and Excel to structure complex data to empower decision-making for the TPEB Tradelane Management Team.
- Manage our day-to-day vessel space planning
- Build and manage databases to structure complex numeric outputs from Ocean Carriers
- Digest and interpret performance data to forecast future client needs
- Harmonize data from Ocean carriers
- Be very detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with the data science and product teams to understand the backend databases that are relevant to each appropriate project
- Be enthusiastic and creative about optimization--in a space constrained environment, how can we optimize the space we have?
- Creatively optimize for maximum net revenue and client success when making decision
- Act as the first point of contact for all Ocean allocation issues:
- Troubleshoot with our global fulfillment team on any data or planning issues that arise
- Act as first reviewer of client data -- is it accurate, are there any gaps?
- Keep detailed, actionable information on current needs and trends
- Work with Tradelane Management team members to provide data insight on strategy and needs
You should have:
- 1-3 years of experience working with and interpreting data
- Ability to break down company objectives into well-scoped components
- Competent knowledge in Python and Google Sheets required
- Technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small
- Best-in-class communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.