We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you will share your day with a passionate and resourceful team.
We are looking for a marketing associate to provide exceptional marketing & communication support. You should have a ‘can do’ attitude with good organizational and interpersonal skills. Flexibility in your work and being able to adapt to dynamic business demands.
Your remit will be to help grow our brand awareness in Germany, localize our global stories (making sure we feel & act local), as well as generating demand to grow our business.
Based in Hamburg you will report to the Marketing Manager Germany and work closely with the Marketing teams based in Amsterdam and San Francisco. But also with our Sales, Operations, People (HR) teams and Europe Leadership to further build our footprint in Germany.
An exciting time to join Flexport as this is a unique opportunity to join our amazing team and lead the way to growth!
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the Germany Marketing Manager: Manage all localization activities for Germany. Including, but not limited to:
- Execute European campaigns across all channels--including email, digital, paid industry programs, direct mail, webinars, and more.
- Create and adapt a wide range of different marketing materials; from sales collateral, client testimonials, one pagers to presentations jointly leveraging our world-class in-house creative team.
- Proofread, translate, and localize content like blogs, white papers, social media etc.
- Help the team organize internal & external (Industry) events across Germany in collaboration with other European and Global stakeholders.
- Keeping your regional marketing budget in check.
- Work closely with the creative team in San Francisco, Int./Ext. Comms and Agency partners in creating and publishing key marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of your marketing activities
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of all marketing content.
- Partner with our content, product marketing, and evangelism team to promote and leverage key content assets for adoption in Germany and/or localized campaigns.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing and nurturing agency teams in Germany is a plus.
- First Experience in Content Management and creation
- First Experience in Social Media and content creation
- Excellent writing skills in German.
- Native German speaker, fluent in English.
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. As we are building out our Marketing disciplines you need to work on a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work independently and execute directly.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. You’re a cross-functional collaborator, you rely on input from experts across the organization, and you ensure that your agenda aligns closely to company goals and that you coordinate with other teams’ efforts.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.