Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Procurement Operations is a fast growing team that directly supports a company-wide strategic initiative focused on the procure-to-pay (P2P) process. In this role, you’ll be building a cost database that unites global contracts in a centralized repository and in a standardized format, allowing for automation and optimization across several internal processes.
Procurement Operations Associates are end-to-end owners of ocean freight rate data that powers our business. As such, you will conduct analysis and research on data while also looking at the overarching procurement process and ocean freight trade lane fundamentals.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee third-party data entry of ocean freight contracts into global cost database
- Provide guidance on how to structure disparate data formats, keeping in mind ocean freight market fundamentals
- Drive attainment on key metrics; analyze trends and distributions in large datasets in Looker and/or Excel, conduct root cause analysis, and recommend corrective action
- Conduct data audits and flag discrepancies
- Conduct research, drive process improvement, and scope out tool development, including working cross functionally with internal stakeholders from Makers and Product
- Support ocean trade lane management team on procurement tasks and projects
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative analysis in Excel and/or Looker, including pivot tables and data distributions
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Desire to learn new concepts
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love problem solving and have a strong analytical mindset.
- Strong excel skills and analytical mindset
- Being comfortable working in ambiguity
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- To bring a ground floor execution with strategic vision