Creating insights to revolutionize an industry
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll conduct analyses that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you'll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport
- Meet with business stakeholders, understand business requirements, and use your analytic mindset to implement solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards. Our mantra is to make sure everyone is working smarter rather than just harder
- Build a team of Analysts to develop the company’s reporting system
- Develop analysts into strong performers.
- Be the local Asia office leader of the data culture
- Manage a team of analysts against a set of process goals to deliver against company initiatives.
- Provide reports, analyses, and data-driven insights on key sales drivers, progress to plan, and results to key stakeholders.
You should have:
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline
- Excellent/Fluent English
- 5-7+ years of experience using SQL in a professional environment
- Experience developing dashboard requirements
- 1-3+ years experience hiring and managing a small team
- Experience growing internal transfers with company knowledge into superior Business Intelligence professionals
- Deep experience working with US stakeholders
- Experience developing a queue process for workload balancing and creation of dashboard reports.
- Agile Development administration experience
- Demonstrated Experience going from 0 business context to business impacting dashboard in a short amount of time.
- Solid presentation skills
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Accounting, Managing Information Systems)
- Experience in developing in python
- Freight Forwarding Domain expertise
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.