Partner with the Business and Leadership to Help Flexport Grow!
Help develop the organization that makes global trade easy.
The Strategic Finance team enables Flexport leaders to excel by driving cross-functional initiatives and decision making. At Flexport you’ll conduct analyses at the forefront of reshaping the logistics & supply chain industry. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in global trade.
The Strategic Finance Associate role is ideal for a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills, ability to quantitatively model scenarios at an expert level and a desire to grow as a leader.
- Work alongside Flexport senior leadership to set strategic direction, drive complex decisions and objectively evaluate progress across the company portfolio
- Evaluate investment cases and M&A opportunities, support due diligence and integration efforts
- Support investor relations, including quarterly board meetings and investor reporting
- Drive analysis and decision making on Flexport’s capital strategy
- Develop project plans, build dynamic scenario models, identify requirements and lead cross-functional teams on strategic projects from ideation to decision
- Build strong relationships with leaders across Flexport
You should have:
- 3+ years of work experience in strategic roles via investment banking, management consulting, strategy, business development or similar function
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency and ability to work proactively
- Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and defining the agenda in a cross-functional environment
- Expert in Excel and Powerpoint, SQL a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.