Senior Associate, Ocean Allocation & Yield - Ocean Trade Lane Management, SG
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
The opportunity:At Flexport, global trade is powered by data -- data that equips our clients with best-in-class visibility into their supply chains and helps them run their businesses effectively.As a Senior Associate for Ocean Allocation & Yield, you will be a foundational member of the Ocean team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexport’s advanced tech systems, and working on the front lines to ensure Client Solutions teams - and by extension, Flexport’s clients - have the right solutions and the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating and executing the end-to-end allocation and yield management process for one or multiple trade lanes. From driving utilisation of allocation to optimising yield on a shipment level, you will learn the breadth of our interaction with carriers and bridge the gap between our clients and the fulfillment of ocean freight.
- Support the Ocean Trade Lane Management team in growing and developing one or multiple trade lanes while focusing on allocation and yield management
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with ocean carriers
- Manage ocean carrier allocation in connection with the monthly forecast cycle and reflect this into our fulfillment management tool. Close collaboration with the fulfillment team to ensure that we execute correctly and optimally
- Drive utilisation of available allocation and steer cargo in order to optimise on yield.
- Daily monitoring of performance against allocation in terms of clients as well as carriers. Ensure that carriers keep to their agreements and we deliver accordingly
- Assume ownership of the day-to-day supporting tasks involved in working with ocean carriers and client solutions stakeholders. Follow up on operational issues, rollings and other escalations. Assist with hypercare for trial shipments and account implementation.
- Collect and analyse market intelligence related to trade capacity, utilisation, blank sailings and extraloaders
- Improve and streamline allocation and yield management process. Contribute to global projects and initiatives related to allocation and yield management
- Develop professional expertise, apply company policies and procedures to resolve varied complexity while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Monitor group emails, instant messages and offer support wherever possible
- Perform ad hoc reporting and data analysis
You Should Have:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 year(s) of related experience
- Knowledge of ocean freight from a sales, operational or procurement perspective is preferred
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Commercial business sense
- Solid analytical skills and ability to structure, interpret and action data
- Strong in problem solving, execution and capability to apply judgement for day-to-day decisions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Adept at stakeholder management (external and internal) and tough conversations
- High attention to detail and diligence in follow up
- Willingness to learn and share
- Team player and “can-do” attitude at all times
- Ability to handle change and deal with tight timelines and ambiguity
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is a plus