Senior Corporate FP&A Manager
Partner with the Business To Drive Financial Transparency & Help Flexport Grow!
Our Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. The Senior FP&A Manager for corporate will function as a key member of the finance team and be responsible for providing decision support for senior management through ad hoc analysis on a project basis and preparing periodic financial statements, analysis and metrics reporting. You will also be involved in identifying/tracking companywide strategic initiatives, monitoring company performance, forecasting and participating in the month end performance management cycle.
- Support in budgeting/forecasting, performance management, financial reporting, headcount management, reviews of key financial metrics, strategic decision making, business reviews, strategic footprint planning and ad hoc analysis of financial metrics for Flexport’s corporate functions
- Prepare quarterly guidance and monthly financial update materials for the Corporate planning teams to help leaders track to their annual targets.
- Be an expert at building financial models and manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business, rather than any single KPI. Prepare medium to long term scenario analysis to facilitate discussion on long term asset planning.
- Support on the annual and long term planning, forecast, and monthly reporting for flexport overall. Including the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements, while assisting senior leadership around the company to identify strategic initiatives and coordinate projects to address these opportunities / risks.
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- Support with ad hoc analysis for C-level staff members, investor relations and the Board of Directors
- Develop a framework for ROI analysis and CAPEX reviews
- Drive the overall finance program management including deliverable management, global standardization, template creation and regional reporting alignment
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis to support strategic planning as needed
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in FP&A in complex business environments or fields like business strategy / analytics, business operations, business partnering, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically-intensive roles at a well-established public company
- Have a broad business view, high degree of curiosity and ability to view the business and solve problems with an executive mindset
- Experience with long range strategic planning
- Ability to coordinate and project manage with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Prior experience using SQL and Adaptive Insights is a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote