Build the best Shipper Experience for shippers around the world
Our shipper experience team focuses on flexport's collaboration with shippers and their overall experiences. This includes: collecting information from shippers (such as booking and shipper docs), tailoring the experience of client applications to be targeted towards shippers, fostering growth from shipper sectors, and localizing the experience to shippers and workflows around the world. At the moment there is a heavy emphasis on Asia shippers, but we hope to build the foundations that would empower shippers around the world.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the Shipper Experience, making sure the team achieves short term and long term objectives.
- Lead large, complex projects and be ultimately responsible for its delivery and output, working closely with product managers and other engineers.
- Own the efficiency of the team by continuously improving the development process.
- Assist the company's SOA effort in creating new services apart from the monolith.
- Manage and mentor other junior manager(s) on the Shipper team, provide guidance and career goal opportunities.
- Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1s, and giving feedback.
- Build a deep understanding of your team's domain and how our business works.
- Collaborate effectively with business, product managers and designers to influence the roadmap and prioritize projects.
You should have
- At least 6 years experience building software or web applications
- Proven experience managing technical teams and/or projects
- Track record of delivering on ambitious goals with high quality
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate across teams
- Experience leading large projects with multiple stakeholders (even without the manager title)
- Experience taking complex problems and breaking them into manageable pieces
- An interest in helping your team do their best work
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for always learning and improving yourself and your team
- You can ship quality code
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and GitHub. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling a monolithic Rails app into a service-oriented architecture including Ruby, Java and Kotlin services. Our data is persisted in Postgres and MongoDB. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker, migrating to Kubernetes.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile.