Are you looking for the opportunity to make an immediate impact on a global, trillion dollar industry? If so then Flexport might be the place for you. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier -and more efficient- for everyone. We are revolutionizing an industry that touches every person on Earth, every day. This means solving some of the world’s most complex challenges, while our company grows at a breakneck speed.
We’re looking for a talented, experienced Group Product Manager to lead two high-performing teams: Financial Platform Tools and Rate / Contract Procurement Tools. You will drive the product strategy end-to-end, building cutting-edge products to ensure that customers have a seamless payment experience and that real-time data is used in our pricing engine. Simply put, we believe that working with Flexport should be fast, simple, and error-free from start to finish. You’ll make sure the final step is perfect.
The ideal candidate brings strong business acumen and curiosity to a complex domain and strives to make the most intelligent products ever built in the industry. As Group Product Manager, you’ll need to drive alignment across a complex landscape with data and be open to learn from and teach industry veterans. You’ll get the chance to work on products that are both zero to one and maturing with thousands of users.
What you'll do:
- Be the voice of your team, communicating feature releases and multi-year vision to company executives and stakeholders
- Develop a customer-first product vision, strategy and roadmap to create a seamless process from point of contract procurement through billing and payment
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Develop and automate airtight financial processes with a diverse set of finance, accounting, business, technology and accounting teams
- Recruit, develop, inspire and lead a diverse set of Product Managers creating a world class product group
- Dive into the data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Establish and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
What you'll need:
- 3+ years experience managing a team of Product Managers and large cross functional product development groups
- 8+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within both startup and complex environments
- Crystal clear written, spoken, and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability to relentlessly prioritize and focus on key deliverables
- Experience crafting long term vision and quarterly roadmaps from market insights and customer research
- Ability to manage a highly complex set of products in a rapidly changing domain
- Business acumen with curiosity to learn and become an expert on a complex product
- Proven experience transforming independent products into a cohesive platform