The Director of Air Cargo Demand will lead Flexport’s Demand org in building a world class air cargo product acting as the liaison between Demand, Network, Procurement, and Makers.
This role is ideal for an inspiring global leader who can work across a diverse, global, and high performing team.
- Be responsible for development of the Air Cargo Product partnering with the VP of Network Ops and Global Head of Air Freight
- Take specific responsibility to guide the Demand org in Flexport’s Air Cargo Go To Market Strategy (from lead generation to account implementation) and drive to deliver on the identified high level commercial targets (tonnage and net revenue)
- Take joint ownership as the Senior Leader on the Demand side with your counterpart on the Supply side (Senior Director, Global Air and Ocean Consolidations) to scope, develop, and drive a two way air cargo program in particular focusing on exports from Asia to USA / Europe and also Exports from the USA / Europe
- Be the key point of contact and decision maker in managing and collaborating air cargo development across the various orgs within Flexport - Procurement, Network, Makers, Finance, Product Marketing, Partners team, etc.
- Partner with Global Operations Enablement & Product Marketing to develop internal and external enablement, and then own implementation operationalizing air freight forwarding operations
- Contribute to and support the development of Flexport’s product roadmap
- Drive operational rigor and unit economic growth through partnership with Network Trade Lane Management and Supply Chain Operations teams across the world delivering a best in industry level of customer satisfaction
You should have:
- Experience at leadership level managing a large Air cargo operation for sales and operations (Regional or major geography GMs or head of airfreight)
- In-depth freight forwarding knowledge and experience in operations, sales, account management and technology enablement
- Creative mind to help define and develop the “why would a customer buy Air from Flexport?”
- Deep financial knowledge of the freight forwarding business
First-year success outcomes
- Stable Air Cargo business success (volume and net revenue targets as defined in 2021 financial plan) for in and export Air Cargo business on a selected set of core lanes
- Air Cargo - sales development program (process [KPI driven] & enablement) - KPI’s/ milestones
- Agreed 3 year Air Cargo Product and Engineering Roadmap (jointly developed with Network team)
- Agreed Ops enablement program (Ops requirements and unit costs development jointly agreed with Network team)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.