Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Visibility
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s Visibility service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of cargo milestones for Flexport’s clients with the ease of a Google search. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
Your first 90 days will be to build an end-to-end system with product, design, and engineering to help Flexport automate milestones. This system is critical to our company goals to improve Freight Forwarding.
About Front End Engineering at Flexport
Front end engineers at Flexport collaborate with design, research, and product to build elegant and performant user experiences:
- Our ratio of engineers to designers is very healthy to create tight collaboration across our product and front-end components
- We have a dedicated team of engineers and designers building a world-class design system - Latitude, which supports all product teams
We are building a platform that can scale to best-in-industry trading volumes, and you will be responsible for building the products and tools that will help us get there. If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
- Create frontend components to automate freight forwarding
- Help evolve the frontend infrastructure and architecture
- Collaborate with design, research, product to build an elegant and performant UX
- Build a highly interactive product to track shipments around the world
You should have:
- Strong knowledge of React
- Familiarity with back-end frameworks (Rails, Node)
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
What you've worked with ideally
- Experience with design systems
- Experience with front-end test frameworks (Jest)
- Experience with front-end build/deployment process (Webpack, Babel)
Bonus points if you've worked with
- Web performance (time-to-interactive, dependencies, wasted renders)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and moving to services. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker. We are also building the foundation of Flexport OS with Kotlin on modern infrastructure best practices.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Engineering Blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote