Join the Network Procurement team to help Flexport grow in the DACH region
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
Our Network Tradelane Management Team is overseeing our Air and Ocean Consolidated (LCL) products. As part of that growth, we are looking to expand our team with a Trade Lane Manager, AIR & OCS (Ocean Consolidation Services). This person will take end to end ownership of the AIR product and they will co own the tracking and achievement of the sales targets of our AIR products. In a nutshell:
- Building and establishing an innovative Air product, which delivers value to our existing and future customers
- Taking end-to-end-ownership
- acting as a subject matter expert internally and externally to teams, partners and customers
- Growing our customer base and actively drive winning new opportunities with Sales
- Procuring capacity & rates to and/or from all over EU, with a focus to Germany, Austria, Switzerland
- Grow and develop the AIR-product to and/or from EU, in collaboration with other Flexport Teams
- Join sales call/visits to provide expert input on our Air capabilities
- Help preparing sales collaterals and business reviews to identify define a Trade Lane-strategy and the right customer fit
- Drive the Strategy forward and actively go after new customer opportunities with your counterparts from Sales
- Develop new services / open new trade-lanes and make them available in our core software to Flexport teams
- Monitor our competitiveness versus market and constantly drive improvements of our service and rate offering versus competitors
- Own the implementation of all new bids for AIR shipments
- Procure rates for these requests with a network of partners (truckers, airlines, origin forwarders) that Flexport uses and make them available to Flexports global operations teams across the world in our core software
- Track our response time on all client requests, propose and implement solutions to improve the service to our customers
- Contribute to the design and development of new tools to automatically price our customer requests using data science / machine learning techniques
Set and implement the vision and strategy for network tradelane management in your region
- Set the financial targets (volume, revenue, net revenue, gross profit, etc…) working hand in hand with Sales, Finance and EMEA TLM team in AMS
- Set the long term vision/roadmap for profitable growth of the region and define the annual Objectives, Key Results and Initiatives required to achieve your vision along with Global Network team
- Define the target organisation required to meet the region strategic goals working hand in hand with Sales, Finance and Global Network team
- Drive day to day the implementation of your region strategy, ensuring you have the right metrics in place to track performance, that objectives are well cascaded within your teams and steering day to day execution against agreed initiatives
- Ensure we have regular reporting of your region’s progress towards the EMEA TLM leadership in AMS.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and +10 years of experience at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarder
- Market expert knowledge AIR, in regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational and procurement perspective. Know competition and how to establish a Flexport-unique approach to the market
- A focus on key Trade Lanes (FEWB and/or TAWB) from an end-to-end-perspective
- Experience in People Management is a plus
- A strategic vision of building an AIR-product in EMEA and the willingness to be operational when need be
- A service-oriented and open minded personality
- Analytical skills and problem approach, you drive organization by numbers/metrics. Thinking out-of-the-box to always find an alternative or better solution
- Business fluent German (oral & written) and good English is required for this role
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.