Join Flexport to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,800+ Flexporters across 14 global offices. As we enter our next phase of growth in Singapore, we are looking for customer centric, experienced, pragmatic while creative and energetic workplace professional to drive employee success. As one of the key members in the Asia Real Estate and Workplace Service team, this high impact role will thrive thru overseeing our workplace experience and support our real estate strategies in Singapore. Join us to co-create the future Flexport!
What you’ll do:
- Manage offices as they come online in your territory.
- Accountable for the control of office expenses and quality of office supplies and services within the responsible office
- Accountable for addressing escalated requests and feedbacks about the workplace services
- Accountable for performance and development for workplace teammates, if any
- Partner with the Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace on new office location set up and opening.
- Support strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
- Communicate with building management assuring the office operates within building rules and regulations.
- Manage multiple Workplace related projects within budget, timeline and quality expectations
- Manage space planning efforts and all internal office moves.
- Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results
- Keep the office in compliance with monthly audits and hold the team accountable to a high standard of security for employee safety.
- Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change, or results are not met
- Oversee the bigger picture in regard to internal communications and event coordination
- Manage all vendors selection, SLA & payments across facilities and office related functions.
- Oversee and manage to an assigned budget
- Potential to manages team roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance
What you’ll need:
- Maintained an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards integrity and ethics
- A bachelor degree and/or comparable experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience in workplace ideally in a high-growth environment
- Experience in setting up new offices is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to lead and build trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances within a matrix, internal and external organization
- Proven success in providing customers with desired products, services, and experiences that builds their trust and confidence
- Capable of planning for and ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, and staffing needed to accomplish business initiatives
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals
- Demonstrated creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity
- Excellent communication skills
- Success in hiring and employee development (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to effectively drive team performance and desired results throughout your team
- Basic knowledge of building systems and facilities management
- Strong desire to update knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.