UX UI Designer
Build the designs that fuel global trade
The Flexport Design team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). The UX UI Designers are key stakeholders in the full product development lifecycle, from working with their cross-functional partners to create the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges UX UI Designers tackle at Flexport are complex. To be successful, UX UI Designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Now is an exciting time to join our design team as we lay the foundation for our vision of global trade.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create a holistic long-term vision and high quality design solutions for your product.
- Conduct user research and gather data insights with guidance from senior researchers.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Incorporate and recommend ways to extend Flexport’s design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Actively participate in the product designer interview process.
You should have:
- 1-3 years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
- Professional proficiency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
关于Flexport：Flexport是一家硅谷独角兽公司，由软银、Google Venture、Founders Fund、顺丰领投，我们在全球有多个office，全球1800+员工，其中深圳office目前有230+的成员。Flexport 是一家提供全方位海陆空服务的科技货运代理公司。2013年成立，虽然成立时间只有6年，Flexport 已经成为全球领先货代企业，帮助超过 10,000 家公司交付货物，业务覆盖全球 109 个国家/地区，去年运输的总商品价值超过38亿美元。
Flexport 通过打造多元、包融、勤勉、敬业的团队和文化来践行我们的使命 - “让全球贸易变得轻松易行”。因此，Flexport 致力于营造一个人人都能够做真实自我的工作环境。所有符合申请职位条件的申请人都会被予以考虑， 而不论其种族、肤色、宗教、性别、国籍、年龄、身体残疾或精神疾病、健康状况、婚姻和家庭状况、性取向、性别认同和表达、服役或退役状态以及任何其他受适用法律保护的特征。
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote