Join Partnerships to Connect Global Trade Further!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
As a result of our global expansion and the network effects that we are seeing with our partners globally we are hiring a Senior Client Solutions Associate to support our new Partner Led Sales initiative, which is making global trade easier for our partners and their local clients. This role will work in a cross-functional environment between Flexport’s freight forwarding partners, their clients, as well as internal teams to help establish a new way for Flexport to grow exponentially all around the world! This role has the potential to bring exponential growth to the company by establishing processes and initiatives that are scalable across numerous geographies.
The right person for this role will be a proactive, creative, and true problem-solver. You will be one of the founding members of this initiative on the partners team and have the ability to shape it and scale the initiative out globally. Due to the nature of the role you will also have substantial senior leadership visibility and be asked to go above and beyond what you would do in a regular Client Solutions role. If this sounds like something that excites you, then we want to hear from you as we will be looking for someone ASAP!
- Collaborate with our partners to win more of their book of business to drive success for our pilot.
- Help our partners manage their book of business on Flexport technology, and unlock additional growth by delivering top-notch client services on PLS shipments
- Understand and document our partner’s success criteria as well as those of their client’s and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria and SOP.
- Respond to partner escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle partner/client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- Keep a close pulse on our partner’s financial health as it relates to PLS, reporting on the partner’s financials and ensuring they maintain consistent payment schedules.
- Use your deep knowledge of our partners, their clients and local markets to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities.
- Ensure shipment metrics consistently meet partner/client expectations.
- Use your deep knowledge of the client’s business to develop materials for regular business reviews with minimal guidance and build relationships at all levels of the partner’s organizations (leadership, sales, operations, pricing).
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Help sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and willing exclusivity within partner organizations
- Help drive product adoption with partner/client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for their teams as it relates to PLS shipments.Help drive Flexport’s PLS product vision to help unlock partner autonomy for Partner Led Sales including localization requirements for assigned markets.
- Collaborate with the partner country manager/associate, supply chain operations partners, other internal teams, and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- Step in to fill gaps in process or implement improved processes as needed.
- Leverage the network to create more commercial opportunities through our partners as it relates to PLS
You should have:
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role
- Flexibility to be open to relocation as the team is growing
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners in the diverse cultural context of LATAM;
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese skills & professional experience required
- An Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Previous work experience in or related to the LATAM region (preferred);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, cross-collaborative, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels;
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach
Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation