Enterprise Account Executive, LA
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
As an Account Executive, your goal is to drive growth by closing new business while building and expanding a diversified portfolio of clients. You'll have autonomy in achieving growth goals with continued guidance and coaching to ramp and have long-term success.
If you enjoy diversity in your day-to-day role, this is the perfect opportunity for you as no two days are the same! Examples of activities you might find yourself doing with include: leading a discovery call with a prospect to uncover information about their supply chain processes, discussing an onboarding strategy with a fellow Flexporter in our Shenzhen office, meeting with a prospective client to set up a trial project, or sharing your best practices with the broader sales team in a peer learning session.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their logistics and supply chain needs through a solutions-based selling approach
- Be able to create value-driven solutions built on deep research and a full understanding of the client's end to end, order to cash cycle. These solutions will encompass various Flexport products and services
- Coordinate Customer RFPs by administering pricing while delivering Flexport’s value proposition
- Navigate an enterprise sales process by building relationships with multiple stakeholders through remote and face-to-face meetings
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospective clients with a diverse set of backgrounds from end to end
- Identify opportunities for account growth by having a thorough understanding of Flexport’s diversified, and growing product line while retaining and expanding revenue within book of business
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role
- 2-5+ years of experience in freight forwarding sales and/or supply chain technology sales
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- A naturally curious and inquisitive approach to client discovery
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with the ability to connect in both virtual and face-to-face environments
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- Courage to challenge the internal and external status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote