Staff Software Engineer
Build the modern Operating System for Global Trade
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
- Craft the architectural strategy, and own the technical landscape, for a major domain in the world of logistics that powers global trade.
- Design systems that represent the real-world intricacies of logistics entities, such as cargo, routing, customs, and pricing.
- Lead broad software development delivery and execution strategy across multiple teams.
- You will work closely and collaborate with our most strategic users at both the executive and operational levels to develop new freight forwarding related products and solutions that meet their needs and solve broad industry challenges.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions, and ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Effectively research and benchmark Flexport technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- You play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring and educating the larger software engineering community on trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- 8+ years of experience writing software, and a strong engineering background.
- 5+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object-oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, Java, or Kotlin
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior and senior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, complex projects
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, and engineers alike.
- Understanding of design tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and assess the business impact of architectural decisions
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we use React for the views, fetch data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
Flexport在全球帮助超过10,000家客户和供应商成功运营和管理供应链系统。自2013年成立以来，我们已经从SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital 和 Y Combinator融资超过13亿美金。
我们在北美，亚洲和欧洲多个城市设有办事处。和我们的客户群一样，我们是一个全球性的公司。我们致力于研究和开发我们客户和供应商喜爱的产品和服务。 就职于Flexport, 无论你在哪里，无论你的工作性质会怎样，你将与恪守承诺，充满激情和足智多谋的同事们一起工作。
- 熟练掌握一门后台开发语言：Ruby, C, C++, Java, Kotlin 等
- 有维持/参与开源项目或者有一定深度的side project
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote