At Flexport, global trade is powered by data -- data that equips our clients with best-in-class visibility into their supply chains and helps them run their businesses effectively.
As an Allocation Manager on the Ocean Trade Lane Management Team, you will be a leader responsible for growing and building processes for allocation management for all trades into North America, with a special focus on Transpacific-Eastbound. You’ll need to be analytically minded with the ability to work across business functions to inform tech development, monitor performance, and set business logic for the Ocean Trade Lane teams. You’ll need to be the leader and manager of your team to grow team members and build sustainable and effective processes.
- Be a people manager with an analytical skillset--your team will be looking to you for guidance and support on projects
- Be an Ocean leader, contribute and lead setting of team long-term goals, setting project priorities, and coordination with other internal stakeholders
- Design practices, processes and procedures that allow team to execute efficiently
- People management responsibilities for all respective allocation and yield team members, including performance evaluation, and supporting growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate an ability to project plan and develop people into roles, while taking into consideration both Flexport priorities and strengths/interests of team members
Be an expert on allocation management and business implications
- Allocation management is foundational to a successful ocean strategy, you’ll need to train up to deeply understand the ins and outs
- Become an expert in tradelane variances, strengths and weaknesses of carrier strategies
- Connect Ocean Trade Manager business strategy with system execution
- Think outside-the-box to create innovative solutions to satisfy current customers and to create future best-in-class product
Drive data-based solutions for allocation and yield:
- Develop tools using SQL, Python for Ocean team members to improve processes and workflow for space management on vessels
- Collaborate effectively with data science and product to understand backend databases that are relevant to appropriate projects
- Be an enthusiastic project manager -- you’ll be coordinating with multiple stakeholders, including data, product, and Ocean procurement team members. Will need to be organized and keep people on-track.
- Optimize for revenue and space utilization when building strategic models and directing cargo
You should have:
- Requires at least 5 year of related experience. Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years relevant work experience in supply chain, analysis or operations
- Team management experience
- Strong Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Extensive knowledge is required
- Exceptional technical aptitude in Python, SQL, Excel, and Google Sheets is desired and strong desire / ability for learning new technologies as needed
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with partners in multiple regions
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Best-in-class communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.