Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our fast growth, we're looking for a Senior Business Operations Manager for our Customs group. This person will help our global Head of Customs & Trade Services run one of our most profitable and fastest growing businesses. Strategy and analytics are where you will shine, and where you will help each of our business leaders and business units deliver. You will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with each of our regional customs leaders, our finance team, data analytics team, data services (BPO) team, technology team, partners team and other teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You will lead the business’ weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and review cycles and will get substantial leadership exposure to Flexport’s senior leadership, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
- Run together with our Global Head of Trade Services our Customs & Trade Services business
- Identify, size, and recommend new business opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Lead the business’ weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and review cycles, across our global business
- Lead our reporting and operating insights towards Flexport’s executive team
- Help our regional and functional leaders run their business units successfully through data-driven insights and regular operating rhythms
- Develop complex analyses to root cause profitability/loss drivers and provide go-forward recommendations to leadership teams
- Partner with adjacent teams to successfully implement projects and/or processes that result in company-wide value and present findings to executive team
- Develop a holistic understanding of Flexport’s business, and the broader logistics industry, to apply this multidisciplinary thinking to identify and implement operational changes
- Drive cross-functional buy-in for changes recommended across a variety of stakeholders which requires challenging the status quo
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Supply, Finance, Product, Engineering teams throughout the organization to execute on strategic projects
You should have:
- 8+ years of experience in business operations, finance, analytics, operations, consulting, advisory, or start-up leadership roles
- Highly self-motivated, low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems
- Process oriented with a high capacity to lead people and get stuff done with low friction
- Ability to influence without official authority, particularly with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously;
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, economics, engineering, etc)
- Strong strategic and analytical ability within the context of business decisions.
- Advanced excel data modeling skills and preferably expertise in data manipulation tools including SQL (preferred), SAS, Stata, R
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and capable of quickly shifting priorities given business requirements