Deliver unmatched experiences to Flexport users
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, both consignees and shippers, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Client Solutions Associate will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- You will understand and document the client’s success criteria and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria and SOP.
- You will respond to client escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- You will keep a close pulse on client financial health, reporting on the client’s financials and ensuring the client’s maintain consistent payment schedules.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the client to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities with the client.
- You will ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the client’s business to develop materials for regular business reviews with minimal guidance and build relationships at all levels of the client’s organizations.
- You will drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- You will collaborate with your supply chain operations partners and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- You will drive the shipment lifecycle during the initial trial and launch of new trade lanes to develop and refine standard operating procedures.
- You will assist the shipments managed by partners as we drive partner autonomy.
- You will step in to fill gaps in process or implement improved processes as needed.
You should have:
- 2-4 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.