Lead User Researcher
Build the products that power global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Senior Researcher to drive product innovation by building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into actionable insights that drive decision making. This individual enjoys solving challenging problems and empowering the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. Senior Researchers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and formulating the product vision to ensuring high-quality implementation. To be successful, Senior Researchers must be relentlessly curious, methodical, communicate clearly, and consistently balance user and business needs. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Lead Researcher, you will focus on understanding the project needs, setting research strategies, and providing tactical research deliverables for local projects. You will collaborate with the local PM and Eng team and drive user-centricity together with the global UX team for our product development lifecycle.
- Establish deep domain knowledge and empathy for end users across multiple product areas
- Collaborate with cross-functional team consisting of designers, engineers and product manager to shape product design vision, identify research opportunities and manage a research roadmap
- Plan and drive the research strategy, using creative and fitting methodologies to achieve product goals
- Lead and conduct a variety of user research activities, including surveys, competitive/analogous research, field research, co-creation, diary studies, usability testing (remote and in-person), etc.
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative research data into actionable insights and inspiring opportunities
- Articulate research insights in a memorable and compelling narrative
- Keep the team focused on the users throughout the product development lifecycle
- Increase the impact of research through strong advocacy, enablement and education
- Start mentoring junior researchers or designers
- Contribute to planning, hiring, and onboarding new researchers
You should have:
- 6+ years of professional user research experience
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, storytelling)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience applying research insights to creative design solutions
- Professional proficiency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Experience working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with SaaS and enterprise products
- Experience conducting quantitative research or statistical analysis
- Experience setting up and driving data driven design
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote