Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Technician who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience, while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working full time at our help desk and assisting our customers via in person walkup, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You love building relationships, both with customers/business partners, and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have a background in Mac & Windows software and hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn enterprise IT from the ground up.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk, full time, during normal business hours
- Build and configure new hire laptops
- Deploy and configure VOIP phones
- Provision and track loaner systems
- Work with employees to perform computer upgrades and migrations
- Provide first tier support for AV issues
- Process returned assets and prepare them for reuse/recycle
- Provide onboarding & offboarding supporting for offshore contingent workers incl on virtual desktops.
- Knowledge of networking, AV & desktops (Macs & Windows)
You should have:
- Experience at providing technical support, and a love for solving problems.
- A high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- A focus on the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- An appreciation of the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized help desk.
- A love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
- 3+ years experience of IT Support in a professional environment
- 3+ years experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS, iOS and Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10+
- Basic knowledge of virtual desktops
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Familiar with GSuite, Slack, Office 365
- Basic knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting and support
- Ability to participate in a support schedule that may include after hours and weekend support
- Some heavy lifting required
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Mandarin
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.