Technology Communications Manager
Flexport is looking for a Technology Communications Manager to join the global Comms team and own our technology communications program, building creative, compelling and impactful stories about our technology development, culture and products.
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in such chaos -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of existing logistics audiences as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Mad Money, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport technology will change the game. This is a unique opportunity to help the team build and tell stories specific to technology development at one of the world’s fastest-growing and established logistics technology companies.
You will be part of our Global Comms team, working closely with teammates in Technology, Product Marketing, Employer Branding and Internal Comms.
- Work with Flexport’s technology leadership to seek out and tell stories about our technology, data and product development that help Flexport hire the right technical talent and attract the right technology-forward clients. This will be a tight collaboration - consider yourself an embedded reporter.
- Build and maintain Flexport’s technology narrative, key talking points and supporting materials for external communications
- Train and empower storytellers within the Technology team to tell their story in the media, at conferences and in owned channels like Flexport Engineering Medium
- Roll up your sleeves: we run a tight team and everyone chips in on everyday activities like reporting and updating our press page
- Work with one of the most supportive and creative teams in the game
You should have:
- A deeply curious mentality: you’re excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry and have the persistence to ferret them out. If you ever wanted to be an investigative reporter, this is the job for you.
- 4-6 years of experience with technology storytelling as embedded as we’re describing above; combination of in-house and agency experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills: you know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done
- A true team player mentality: you’re always willing to jump in and help out. Flexport is a highly cross-functional company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results.
- Ability to build processes: you build the feedback loops that will make your plan a success: determining and informing the right stakeholders, gaining their buy-in and keeping them informed.
- Proactivity: you don’t need to be asked twice (and many times you don’t need to be asked at all!). There’s a lot to do and we trust everyone on the team to deliver against their deadlines and priorities.
- Incredible writing and communication skills
- A love for donuts, humility and a sense of humor
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $15B of merchandise across 116 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote