Senior Technical Writer
Build the Platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
We are responsive to both internal and external customer needs and inputs. We work in an Agile development environment with product managers, designers, and engineers; to provide the right features and support so customers can achieve their goals. A strong sense of autonomy, flexibility, and excellent communication skills are essential to successfully working in our environment.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for global internal and partner Operators where we deliver the right work to the right people at the right time, becoming the most cost efficient service providers in the industry.
- Create product documentation for customers and internal audiences
- Create content in a variety of tools, for multiple output channels and purposes
- Research, write, and ensure the accuracy of content that covers your domain and be ready to add new and changing products to your area of expertise
- Analyze current product content to determine usability and make improvements and respond to and incorporate feedback from customers and internal users
- Serve as an SME for all things linguistic, such as UI content design, commercial product announcements, and onboarding videos
You should have:
- Proven experience (~5 years) making technical content accessible to different target audiences
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Experience with a wide range of content creation tools and methods, such as Madcap Flare/Author-it, Markdown, Swagger, Figma, and Confluence
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with shifting targets
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Experience to contribute to the decisions made about the framework and content strategy of Flexport’s user information
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote