Technical Sourcing Lead
Help Scale and Lead the Technical Sourcing Function at Flexport.
As a lead on our technical sourcing team you’ll be a hands on manager, helping to further grow the sourcing function at Flexport. You'll put together strategies on how the team should identify and engage future Flexport talent, helping us to achieve our ambitious goals of fundamentally changing an industry through the use of technology. Additionally, you'll manage a small team of Technical Sourcers with a specific focus on engineering hiring. Our ideal candidate understands the impact sourcing has on a recruiting function, the necessary steps needs to deliver results, and is passionate about building companies.
Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. Technical Sourcing is a newer team at Flexport that is expanding rapidly and will provide many opportunities for ownership and development.
- Be a hands on leader, sourcing passive talent for various Flexport functions, mainly focused on our Tech Org
- Develop an understanding of Flexport’s products, technology, market position, and employer value proposition to successfully identify and engage passive talent
- Work hand-in-hand with recruiters and engineers to devise and execute sourcing plans
- Bring your unique skillset to a variety of strategic initiatives such as employee referral, event, diversity, and industry hiring
- Help develop our Sourcers to deliver talent on hard to fill roles across our North America Flexport offices
You should have:
- BA/BS degree;
- 7+ years experience sourcing, preferably with 3+ years in software engineering, product, or design for a startup or leading technology company
- Experience leading sourcing teams and building process/best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a penchant for data
- Deep understanding of modern software development tools and tech stacks
- A strong desire to scale an organization, have fun, grow, and succeed!
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote