Sales Development Manager
Help Flexport win new business
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,500+ Flexporters across 20+ global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we're looking for a Sales Development Manager in our growing Los Angeles market to keep our top of funnel full and manage our team of SDRs. This is a high impact and high ownership opportunity for self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and revolutionizing global trade.
- Grow Your Team: Recruit, hire, train and ramp a team of high performing sales development representatives;
- Enablement: Coach, mentor, and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills across all product offerings including: campaign strategy, outbound execution, and nurturing interest in opportunities
- Be Data Driven: Use data to be nimble and inform the strategy of your team
- Drive Agility: Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence aligned with short and long term organizational goals;
- Build Strategy: Generate top of funnel demand by identifying lead sources, constructing lists, and other tasks related to outbound lead generation;
- Strengthen Feedback Loops: Collaborate with cross-functional teams (like Growth Operations, Marketing, GMs, and SMEs) to drive new business
- Dive Deep: Monitor and refine sales lead processes, metrics, reporting and tools to maximize efficiencies and success on the SDR team;
- Empower Your Team: Encourage innovation, communication, especially in finding new customer profiles that Flexport is currently under-serving; and
- Achievement Oriented: Own execution of pipeline goals by driving a high accountability, high performance culture to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual quota and revenue targets;
- Play the Long Game: Build sustainable processes and embrace continuous development. Always have the big picture in mind.
- Career Development: Foster an environment of inclusion and growth. Coach, development and promote the next generation of Flexport sales leaders.
- Lead by Example: Embody Flexport’s culture and core values. Inspire and motivate your team by leading with positivity, perseverance, and passion.
You should have:
- 2+ years experience leading a team of individual contributors to success;
- Proven track record of scaling a high performing team and exceeding quota expectations;
- Passion for new business, this team is the fuel for the Flexport rocketship;
- A/B testing mentality - willingness to proactively test outbound customer messaging and iterate Flexport’s value proposition;
- BA/BS Degree preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience using data and analytics to drive decision making, identify areas of improvement and drive sales process development and best practices;
- A leadership mentality with an excitement to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team;
- Ability to inspire and motivate SDRs to high performance;
- Brownie points for experience with Sales Ops functions including Salesforce Admin, Dashboard Creation, Lead distribution, etc.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote