Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Analytics
Build the platform that powers global trade
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager, to help drive data strategy through a portfolio of data programs across the company. You will manage and use your technical expertise to orchestrate data solutions, while being in the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries to support global trade.
- You will manage a Portfolio of programs that help Flexport operate, while transforming the organization by building and integrating data solutions to increase trust in data, and data-driven decision-making.
- Work with cross cutting teams including, product, infrastructure, security, and engineering to support the instrumentation of metric measurements that drive the ability to answer analytical questions at scale.
- Lead complex planning and development activities across multi-disciplinary key data initiatives to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality.
- Build and manage program reporting, plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks and change management
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand technology architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes and partner closely with engineers to QA solutions when needed to help resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development & Continuous integration/Continuous delivery guidelines (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, Code Coverage) and any other compliance requirements are followed
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues
- Support enterprise instructional design for data analytics for internal enablement at Flexport
You should have:
- 5+ years of technical program management experience driving technical products from inception to delivery under matrix structure.
- 3+ years of experience in data-related technical program management
- Hands-on experience with Master Data Management (full lifecycle gathering requirements, choosing/implementing tool, building solutions)
- Experience with data governance (defining procedures, establishing change management policies)
- Experience implementing enterprise wide data programs.
- Worked with Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization/business intelligence platform
- Strong SQL skills, ability to explore profiling, data set manipulation
- A metrics driven mindset
- Strong understanding of product development, and how data analysis is used in the product life cycle.
- Strong understanding of transactional data modeling and technology architecture concepts
- Strong understanding of taxonomy principles/standards.
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization and time management
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple functions (Legal, Product, Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning) is imperative.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be hands-on when needed and have a passion/willingness to dive deep both on tech architecture and code/data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Analytics or Data Science or a related discipline or equivalent applicable skills, education, and experience
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Amplitude, Google Analytics
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, or the measurement and optimization of software systems and development processes.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote