Senior Product Manager, Visibility Intelligence
Build the world’s best solution for answering the questions “where’s my stuff?” and “when will it get here?”
Flexport’s Visibility Service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global trade platform. The Visibility Team’s mission is to deliver universal visibility of our client’s freight across all transportation modes (Ocean, Air, Rail, Truck, Barge, etc.) with outstanding accuracy and reliability. Our service powers nearly everything Flexport does, serving as the underlying utility for many operations and businesses. Because of the siloed and inconsistent data that pervades the freight industry, accomplishing our mission is not simply a matter of finding data and passing it to our clients. We must cleanse, filter, and improve upon the world’s freight tracking data so our users receive only the best. This is no small feat! We are looking for the right person to join the Visibility team so they can work in close partnership with Data Science, Engineering, and our business teams to create world-class solutions to these problems. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but a true global trade platform.
- You will solve a fundamental customer need in a complex, fragmented domain by answering the questions “Where’s my stuff?”, “Where’s it going?”, “When will it get there?” and “How’s it doing?” for all of Flexport’s shipments
- You will be responsible for setting the product strategy and leading the execution of the roadmap for world-class software that improves the accuracy, reliability, and trustworthiness of the Visibility Service so that every customer of Flexport is extremely confident in where their goods are and when they can expect them to get delivered.
- You will serve as the critical bridge between the business and the technology teams. You will partner with the many business teams who depend on the Visibility Service to track their shipments, helping them integrate with and change their processes to take advantage of the work our team has built. You will merge your product expertise with their domain expertise to iterate the software’s functionality and continuously improve both strategy and roadmap.
- You will work hand-in-hand with Data Science, Engineering, Analytics, and business stakeholders to synthesize the needs of the business and build a comprehensive roadmap for exceeding their expectations.
You should have:
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, how to relate the shipping of specific features all the way up to the company’s financial health, and the ability to articulate the reasons why certain software investments are necessary
- Relentlessly data-driven - the Visibility team’s product is data and you will be expected to eat, drink, and breathe our domain’s data
- Proven track record of delivering products that include ML models at their core and strong working knowledge of data science methodologies
- A strong sense of ownership and curiosity - you work independently, enjoy large and poorly defined problems, and love getting to the bottom of things
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you chart a path to bring clarity
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and guide stakeholders along as you craft a story
- Play the Long Game - You can see around corners and plan 2-3 years ahead in terms of what needs to get built so the business accomplishes its objectives. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course
- Bias for Action - you rarely wait for explicit permission to do things and are internally driven to start work with little guidance
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote