Associate Program Manager, Operational Excellence
The role of the Associate Program Manager in Operations Excellence is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission a reality. Your work will play a pivotal role in building and improving the future operating model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading and managing complex operational projects across multiple function teams, business lines and locations.
- Be the single-threaded owner responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects part of ongoing initiatives within the Operational Excellence (OE) team
- Understand a broad range of analytics techniques and know how (and when) to use them (e.g. SQL, Python, Looker)
- Analyse complex data sets to drive insights making it easier for decision makers to see and understand trends, outliers, and patterns
- Understand key operational metrics of the business and build appropriate driver based models with the team e.g. Business Plan Modelling, Cost Structures and Forecasting within your project
- Become an expert on the project you are leading and serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders globally across the organisation business
- Identify and resolve roadblocks that impede achievement of Flexport goals within the project by collaborating with stakeholders and escalating when necessary
- Learn the business needs and/or workflows involved in your projects (e.g., process and technology requirements, data sources, metrics, mechanisms, risks, key dependencies, any automation/tools, etc.)
- Identify areas where operational teams can improve efficiency and then redesign those processes within a workstation or work stream
- Design business processes and workflows for a project by independently conducting workshops, user interviews and secondary research using process mapping tools (e.g. Lucid charts)
- Work closely with the product team to drive the product vision for the work stream you are involved in and conduct interviews understand how users interact with product and provide feedback on how to implement technology improvements
- Measure and monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk and drive issues to resolution
- Lead via influence by facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution by collaborating with other stakeholders
You should have:
- Experience in business consulting, operational excellence roles or worked in a business operations role in a fast growing tech startup
- 2+ years of program management experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to independently manage and deliver results on work streams
- Knowledge or experience in supply chain or logistics experience preferred
- You have leveraged Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement Toolkits to drive impact at an organisational level
- You have the ability to design, develop and implement continuous improvement roadmaps for operating businesses
- You are data driven and have the ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations (Experience in SQL or tools like Looker a plus)
- You are an excellent communicator and have the ability to drive program and project management through your team as well as able to influence change
- You have demonstrated proficiency in the product development lifecycle and have experience in translating business requirements into product roadmaps
- You have the ability to work with all levels in the organisation to initiate and drive change, and have strong stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Degree preferred (Master’s degree a plus)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport centre stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote