Director, Sales Operations
Director, Sales Operations
With Flexport offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
Our sales force will continue to grow globally along with our client base. Flexport’s Sales Operations team will be responsible for supporting this growth by setting global standards to ensure local execution of sales programs and strategies. This team will partner with and be a trusted advisor to the Senior Sales Leadership on performance metrics, and managing and improving sales force productivity. As the Director of Sales Operations, you will own the global sales operations plan, deliver insights on global sales performance, and partner with the Go to Market organization on strategic priorities. You will be the key advisor to Heads of Region, General Managers and Sales Leaders on performance trends, global processes, and programs. You will own the technology and the tools necessary for global sales excellence. You will partner with other key stakeholders, including Client Solutions, Finance, Compensation, Operations and Trade Lane Management, for forecasting, strategy setting and tactical execution.
- Be the expert for the global sales performance and pipeline health for the organization, measuring global and regional performance and providing strategic insight to pipeline health and blockers to growth
- Drive and standardize core revenue operations processes – sales forecasting, headcount planning, and pipeline management.
- Set the global standards for sales processes, including pipeline views, cadences, metrics.
- Scope and prioritize cross functional projects aligned to organizational objectives.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing plans, gathering and synthesizing data, leading analyses, and developing recommendations for any identified gaps
- Participate in and advise Sales Leadership during annual/quarterly planning/forecasting processes, including development of business plans, operating models, resource allocation, market segmentation, compensation performance and territory planning models.
- Be the interface into the Finance Planning, Business, Analytics and Compensation team to facilitate the needs and requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with regional and global demand generation and SDR teams to develop playbooks and programs to successfully meet revenue goals.
- Identify successes and performance gaps on commercial tactics and sales productivity, provide data driven insight to Sr. Sales Leadership and support internal stakeholders on action plans.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of Sales Operations professionals to support Sales Development Representatives and Account Owners in all areas of lead gen, opportunity management, and client lifecycle.
- Responsible for vendor and contract management for services and products that support the global client lifecycle, owner of the tools Go To Market Organization needs to be successful.
- Drive CRM master data management, data quality and administer account rules of engagement and segmentation.
- Support product, process and skills enablement for Sales Operations and adjacent teams in support of the client lifecycle.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, technology, freight forwarding, international logistics, or supply chain consulting industries. Experience in Sales Operations Leadership is strongly preferred.
- A leadership track record of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility including experience leading and developing teams in a dynamic and diversified environment
- Proficient in CRM Technology - experience with Salesforce is a plus!
- A knack for spotting opportunities to simplify processes and solutions while preserving client happiness
- Strong interpersonal communication skills that inspire, motivate, build trust, and result in effective working relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- You are a growth mindset leader who is willing to unlearn and relearn, not forgetting what you know, but is able to switch gears between the ‘get it done here & now’ while still building the future.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote