IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting all IT requests and issues from Flexport users around the world.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, assisting our customers via in-person walk-up, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You will work closely with other team members across the world to maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support team. You love building relationships with customers, business partners, and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end-user support, have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn and grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk during business hours
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades, and migrations
- Resolve according to SLA or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Provide support to our executive staff and senior leadership
- Travel to support our distributed offices and locations
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Assist with the on-boarding process, prepping and deploying systems, while leading our new hire orientation
- Manage the asset life cycle process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts and decommissioning processes
- Support our Global Office Expansion team, staging hardware and working with vendors to deliver goods
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Assist Global network team with mainland China connectivity
You should have:
- Experience in providing technical support in a MNC environment and a love for solving problems
- A high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills
- An appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership
- An understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team
- A love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of macOS and IOS
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365, including Microsoft Teams
- Basic TCP/IP network fundamentals (setup and troubleshooting)
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world
- Bachelor degree in IT/Technology/Engineering field
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Mandarin
What can help:
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and virtual machines.
- AWS support experience or knowledge.
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote
- LDAP, Active Directory, and Okta experience
- Atlassian administration experience (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Experience in endpoint management frameworks (JumpCloud, MDM, etc)
- Experience in AppGate SDP
- Experience with Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto Firewalls, Network certification (ie CCNA)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote