Legal Operations - Contracts Administrator
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
The Legal department has grown alongside the business and we're looking for the next addition to our legal team who will support the legal department and the Company globally in areas such as Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system administration, contract review, and ensuring adherence to contract review processes.
As Contracts Administrator, you’ll join a small and mighty global team and report to the Head of Legal Operations & Chief of Staff. You will also regularly partner with commercial, regulatory and litigation attorneys within the department, as well as directly with the General Counsel on various projects.
This position requires previous experience with CLM system administration, contract review, and driving CLM process and best practices. This position requires excellent project management skills, the ability to wear multiple hats and multi-task, strong attention to detail, strong document management focus, and the ability to collaborate across multiple teams. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, driving process, excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across the legal and business teams.
- Serve as the global legal team’s CLM system administrator
- Work with legal and business teams to identify new contract review workflows and iterate on existing workflows
- Work with legal and business teams to gather and document contract review workflow business requirements
- Liaise with technology, finance, and other stakeholder teams (including third party consulting firms) on design and implementation of new CLM workflows
- Prepare and maintain training materials and best practices documentation on CLM workflows and system functionality
- Run regular audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy and that best practices and processes are being followed
- Design, generate, and distribute reports based on legal and business team requirements
- Manage contract templates
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues. Provide recommendations and resolution options to stakeholders.
- Serve as legal team main point of contact for all contract review process questions and ensure that processes are being followed
- Participate in negotiating and modifying various contracts including, but not necessarily limited to, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Help advance Legal Operations team projects, driving to on-time and on-budget results
- Assist with process design efforts in support of the Legal team and its internal clients
- Assist with the centralized management of Legal team process documentation and provide ongoing support for ensuring documentation is up-to-date
- Assist in identification, implementation, and administration of new Legal department tools and technology solutions including, but not limited to, contract management and knowledge management software
- Assist with leveraging existing technologies to develop new use cases
- Assist with compiling Legal department analytics and reporting on key metrics
- Assist with legal vendor management and oversight
- Support and manage various ad hoc projects within the department as they arise
- Train new team members on Legal department technology, processes, and best practices
You should have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Juris Doctor degree a plus
- 5 years of relevant experience, 3-5 years of working in a legal environment such as a law firm, in-house legal department, or legal consulting practice
- Experience administering DocuSign CLM a strong plus
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal clients & colleagues as well as external parties (external counsel, strategic partners, auditors, regulators, investors) while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner
- Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Consummate team player with excellent legal and business judgment
- High level of professionalism; ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Desire to gain strong institutional knowledge about department and company processes
- Strategic thinker, capable of being creative and defining new innovations and services
- Collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
- At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote