Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, you will be responsible for enabling visibility across our cloud environments, deploying and managing commercial security tools, building integrations, automation and custom tools to bridge gaps.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Implement monitoring capabilities that enable continuous asset inventory and posture assessment across cloud operating environments.
- Deploy and manage secret and privileged access management technologies to enable secure access, application of least privilege principle and accountability for change/configuration management.
- Implement and administer security technology controls (WAF, RASP, DDoS, anti-malware, forensics, IDS, DLP) across cloud infrastructure.
- Integrate cloud applications, infrastructure, and security tools with SIEM/SOAR platforms that consolidate visibility across the environment for continuous monitoring, incident detection, analysis, forensic artifact collection, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Assess data flows across the cloud environment to identify process weaknesses or technology gaps that could result in privacy or security breaches.
- Participate in security incident response, red team and penetration testing exercises, bug bounty response, and audit support.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and newsletter items for communicating with management and teams across the company.
- Create a culture of transparency, information sharing, and collaboration through the development of excellent documentation, mentoring of junior team members, and living Flexport’s values.
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 6+ years of progressive security experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 4+ years of experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for monitoring and securing such environments.
- Experience with container technologies, and software-oriented architecture.
- Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
- Experience with IAM, secrets and privileged access management, and PKI.
- Experience with SIEM and security orchestration technologies.
- Experience with WAF, RASP, DDoS, DLP, network security technologies.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Employee Applicant Requirements:
- Employees need to be in their current role for at least 12 months and in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Communication about open internal roles will be shared with all employees through the internal communication lead at Flexport and coordinated by the recruiting team. Communication via email will go out company-wide twice per month, and will be included in the company newsletter once per month.
- Transition periods for employees into their new roles should be no longer than 30 days (unless taking place during Peak Season or in critical cases). We want to make sure that employees can join their new teams in a timely manner so that their experience in their new role is just as positive as it was in their first role with Flexport. This timeframe will allow proper transition plans to be put into place and address any geographic moves.
*If you have questions about this process please talk with your manager, your GM or your executive team member.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote