Executive Content Manager
Executive Content Manager
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Fast Company, New York Times and TIME to name a few. Our CEO Ryan Petersen has been featured in Forbes, Mad Money and the All In Podcast.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking an Executive Content Manager to work side-by-side with Ryan and other executives to shape how the world understands technology, global trade and Flexport’s role in it. You’ll find stories based on working directly with our execs, develop compelling materials in writing, videos, slides, memes, you name it, and share them with the world in a way that maximizes reach.
This is a unique opportunity to help our executives build and tell stories at one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies. Want to tell Ryan Petersen what to tweet? This role is for you.
- Work with the CEO and Executive Team to promote the Flexport narrative through an executive content strategy that you’ll develop in line with our larger brand vision, execute against, measure & report on, and improve. You’ll contribute to Flexport’s content and social media metrics and own moving the needle on executive social.
- Generate big editorial ideas while also owning the tactical execution and content creation.
- Create a calendar of smart, insightful and timely exec content based on their roles and priorities.
- Conceptualize and write executive bylined copy, newsletters, video scripts, podcasts, slides and talking points and social media copy.
- Know how to work fast to drive social engagement and virality but also when to switch gears and dive deep for critical materials like exec presentations, speaking opps and high-impact internal communications.
- Stay informed on topics that Flexport and its experts are uniquely qualified to provide their views on, capture their perspectives, and create compelling content that educates and engages (and often, amuses) the market.
- Curate the best of Flexport’s own slack channels, plus create original memes and visual content.
- Provide peer reviews and copyediting support for executive social media, internal communications and marketing content.
You should have:
- Your own smart, funny and thought-provoking social presence or proven experience creating and building a social media presence for other opinion leaders. You know what it takes to hit #1 on Hacker News.
- An inquisitive mind. You have a nose for a story and a sixth sense for engagement. You listen well and learn fast.
- Excellent executive presence. You know your way around execs and experts and how to connect with people to get the best out of them.
- A diverse portfolio that demonstrates your ability to communicate key ideas in a clear, compelling way to different audiences. You’re a great communicator who knows how to wield a meme as well as a long-form doc.
- Minimum 4 years of content and social media experience; and strong analytical skills
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote